Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My AVIC-Z1 touchscreen is not working. The unit lights up,

Customer Question

My AVIC-Z1 touchscreen is not working. The unit lights up, the dvd works but nothing else. Please help!
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. If you cannot see the screen and that only leaves one reset option open to you really. And that is the physical reset that is done from the front panel. If you look at the front of the head unit you will see a recessed hole on the bottom left-hand corner. It is a very small hole and you will need a stylus or something similar to that you press the button in. To do the reset, press and hold the button for 30 seconds. Then you can remove the stylus and power it on again. If it's still not working after this reset that I'm afraid your only choice will be to have it repaired. It sounds like there is a possibility that your screen has failed. If it's under warranty it will be covered, but if it's not obviously there would be a charge to repair unless you want to try to find the replacement screen yourself and install it. That may be an option. Mike