ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a JBL system in my Toyota Rav4. It will not hold my

Customer Question

I have a JBL system in my Toyota Rav4. It will not hold my sound settings, it keeps reverting to the factory default settings (all neutral). I've had the radio replaced once by Toyota and the new unit still has the same problem. What's the solution?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,There should be a permanent 12V power supply to the JVC system to keep the sound settings when the ignition is turned off.Check that all wiring is connected correctly and no wires are loose or broken.You can use a voltmeter to test for 12V on the power supply wire when the ignition is turned off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is not the problem. The settings do not revert every time the engine is turned off, it happens randomly every several days.
Ok, that information was not in your original question.I will opt out so another expert can assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please reverse the charge to my credit card as you did not give me a correct answer.The Toyota dealership told me it had to do with a bug in the iOs software in my iPhone.