Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have reversing cameras fitted to my tow vehicle and caravan

Customer Question

I have reversing cameras fitted to my tow vehicle and caravan and a WAECO monitor in the tow vehicle. I want to turn the volume from the microphones on the cameras down to zero. How do I do this? The manual for the monitor does not contain any information about how to do this.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.May I have the full model # ***** your camera?Also how old it is?Thank you for choosing Just Answer.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The camera is less than three years old. I don't know the model number. The paper work is at home and I am on the road.
The monitor is only about two years old because it is a replacement for the original one.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.
Its not the camera that would have volume control it would be that feature on the monitor. Can I have the model # ***** the monitor?
It sounds though that it may be the same one that originally came with the camera but was replaced due to defect. If that is the case, most of the Waeco monitors designed for automotive back up cams do not have a volume control. Knowing them, were lucky they have an audio output at all lol.
Unfortunately they aren't the best manufacturer out there or even close.
Their products work but don't have all the bells and whistles as others do but they cost less, a trade off really.
If you are handy you could actually make a volume control for that rather easily. By adding a simple inexpensive component to the audio line. I will explain how you can do this. If you want, let me know?
I will stick with you until you are satisfied but please rate my service thus far kindly and then you will have complete access to me anytime after you rate, simply bu replying to this message. There is also no additional cost to you for rating my service.
Thank you and have a nice Sunday!
Tech Michael