Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How to tune kenwood DNX772BH radio to XM

Customer Question

Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I ask, you came back & said how long do you expect to wait. I said 2 min. I proceeded , now it has been 15 min & you are talking about it might be a day before I get an answer. either answer me now or I withdraw the question.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I'm sorry to say there's some bad news: just as there was a sort of low-level scam advertising in the past about "WiFi Ready" printers (which in reality were not capable of WiFi themselves, but just of being accessed by it if you had a router and configured them properly etc. etc.), so your Kenwood receiver model is, I'm sorry to say, "Sirius/XM Ready"... meaning, you can't get satellite radio with it, unless you add and connect a Sirius module to it.
To briefly quote an authoritative page:
" You can hook up a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included) to this receiver "
which is found on this page:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lkcQnOzhkmo/p_113DNX772B/Kenwood-DNX772BH.html#TunerFeatures
I am aware that this information is probably disappointing. It simply is the facts on this model being used with Sirius/XM Radio service.