Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Mustang GT: i have a 2006 mustang GT V8 and the radio is dead.

Customer Question

i have a 2006 mustang GT V8 and the radio is dead. no clock, CD etc. Seem to have no power to it. The only fuse I can find marked radio is a good fuse. what up?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Check *all* the fuses - the ones in your car may perhaps be mislabeled. Check the entire fuse block, each fuse (one at a time, so as not to put any back in the wrong place! which can actually happen, otherwise) to make quite sure some other fuse isn't in-line with the radio's own fuse and cutting that circuit off too. After that - you will need to reach up behind the console of the car, and check the power connection to the radio. (And you may as well make sure the power switch, if it is a pushbutton type, is working, by holding it in firmly when pressing it to turn the radio On.) And then you would have to remove the radio yourself, from the console, and treat it as a defective electronic device in need of repair. It would have to be opened, the internal fuse(s) if any all checked, and burnt or otherwise defective components looked for carefully on all internal circuit boards, and checked. (Note that if this radio is aftermarket, put into the car after the car was bought, then if it is new enough it might be within warrany term period still, in which case taking it out of the console would be the place to stop at - opening the case yourself, would void the warranty and keep you from having it serviced for free under warranty terms. So only open the case if it is old enough to be not under warranty - say, 3 years old or more.)