Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Display comes and goes on my AVH-X2700BS, worked fine

Customer Question

Display comes and goes on my AVH-X2700BS, worked fine for a few weeks after being installed.
what should I do
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only... Initially, if the yellow wire shows an always available +12 while the red receives a switched +12 and the black wire grounded properly to a metal frame/chassis (not only to the harness), then it would not be a wiring/connection concern. The described symptom would almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, primary checks on likely suspects would be on:• LCD screen (least likely);• DC-to-DC converter/backlighting supply (likely);• flex cable/connector (most likely).All of the above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs. I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected.Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multimeter and even a soldering iron?Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.