Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry with a JBL radio system. The amp

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry with a JBL radio system. The amp had to be replaced. The first JBL amp I installed, the radio was working, but there was a loud noise from the right rear speaker. I thought 1 of the channels didn't work in the amp, so I replaced it with it with a second JBL amp. Now the radio and speakers do not work. Can you help?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that. Have you checked to see if the radio will output directly to a speaker to help us determine if the amp is bad or the radio. You may have a short in one of the speakers or wires, or a bad radio it seems so far.ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The radio will not output directly to the speaker. I believe I have a short on one of the wires. But I don't know for sure. Do you recommend take this to the dealership or is there a 3rd party service that can assist me for JBL audio repair in an automobile? Also, where do you suggest I look to see if a wire has a short from? Please advise. Thank you.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
hi thanks for that information. With what you have going on I would have a pro look at this at the dealership, because this sounds like either a short or a bad radio not the amp.I wish you the best and please rate kindly at this time, you can always contact me if you need me in the future, also I would like to know what they find-)Have a great evening.Tech Michael