Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an AVH-P1400DVD with backup camera display in a FORD

Customer Question

I have an AVH-P1400DVD with backup camera display in a FORD Chassis Motorhome.
It was working but now will not turn on. with the ignition off, and turn on headlights, the unit's navigation buttons on the left side turn on. With the engine running, the head unit emits a BEEP..BEEP........BEEP..BEEP........BEEP..BEEP........BEEP..BEEP, even for quite while after the truck engine has been turned off.
It sucked in a DVD at one of these times that I cannot get to come out.
I've checked the vehicle's fuse, all OK
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, it would appear that there is another question of the same product and same nature but by a different customer. Still, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) with the use of a multi-meter on:• yellow wire to an always available + 12V such as the battery's + terminal;• red wire to a switched +12V such as the ACC terminal of the ignition switch;• black wire to a metal frame, bracket or support and not only to the harness ground line.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.All others would be internal to the Pioneer.