Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Just purchased a 2013 Geyhawk 31ss and the Clarion GPS works

Customer Question

Just purchased a 2013 Geyhawk 31ss and the Clarion GPS works fine for maps, but no signal from the GPS. How can this be corrected
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
If you are getting any signal for the GPS at all then it could be a loose wire from the GPS, but this is usually quite unlikely. More often the GPS chip that detects the satellite has failed in some manner. If you reset the device, you may have to leave it out with a clear view of the sky for at least 25 minutes before it will get a lock on the satellites again. This is because it is a cold start and I GPS lock from a cold start takes quite a bit longer. I would suggest leaving it with a clear view of the sky for at least that long to see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't, then I would begin exploring possible problems with the hardware itself.