Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

Are there any aftermarket upgrades/gadgets to allow me

Customer Question

Hi. Are there any aftermarket upgrades/gadgets to allow me to play my iPhone apps on my 2011 Maserati GTS? I have a Apple touch that I plug into my glove box to play iTunes music but was hoping there was someway I can configure it to allow me to play other things, such as streaming apps, from my iPhone to my Mas. Thanks
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What connection type do you have for the Apple IPod touch?
Is it the 30 pin or the lightning connection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard - my Touch is connected via older 30 pin connector via USB in my glove box. My 6+ of course used 8 pin Lightning connector. If I plug my 6+ lightning cable from into the USB port in glove box, it doesn't play anything from the iPhone. What I'm looking for is something like this:
http://youtu.be/WrWUWxHN6e4Trying to figure out if something from iSimple, Nav.TV or something else might do the trick. Thanks Fred
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
The only way to get it then tom play video content ie: Streaming Apps, or to interact in other methods with the iPhone is an actual unit installed that can do this and then installed in the car and that needs to be custom built which is the case within the video you are seeing. Its not a product but the unit that they install and replace yours with that has video inputs that can interface with the iPhone. They are using the A2DP which is a unit such as this
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+2+%28SPH-DA100%29
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you