Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Motor rear view monitor/ camera monitor comes on with just

Customer Question

motor rear view monitor/ camera monitor comes on with just lines across the skreen but we get no picture from behind the motor home. How can I trouble shoot the system?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. This is most likely a problem with the monitor itself. This is a fairly old system in the CRT over time can fail. Unfortunately, there's a proprietary connection on the CRT and the camera. But what you can do is test the continuity of the wires in between to rule them in or out. If you are able to rule out the wires, then a replacement system would most likely be more cost-effective than repair. As far as I've been able to tell, these components are not replaceable individually. But, let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll help you until you get your answer.