Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Updated 5S iPhone. No longer works with my CDE hd149BT. Will

Customer Question

Updated 5S iPhone. No longer works with my CDE hd149BT. Will read receiver- continues to look for alpine head. Reset everything , etc. I think I'm screwed:-(
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, the only other possible attempt left is to disconnect all the power wiring of the Alpine after a RESET for a very extended period of time.This is very critical - the reset served as an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination. It however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern (least likely) or a compatibility issue (most likely); but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose others.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry- no answer here I fear. Have worked on radio but I really need answer on how to return to compatibility I had for a year.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand and if a RESET has been done on the Alpine then the issue would still be on the 5S and not on the CDE-HD149BT.Perhaps moving the question from Car electronic category to Smartphones would be more to your advantage. Let me re-open the question by opting out. Still, good luck with the pairing. This is not an Info Request.