Martin, Engineer
Experience:  16 years, include works in aluminium plant, industrial machinery, military weapons, programming
14666028

I had a plug wire arc because it became loose and the insulation

Customer Question

I had a plug wire arc because it became loose and the insulation melted away on the exhaust manifold. My stereo now comes on and off. As soon as I make in acceleration it shorts.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Does the radio do the same if you turn it real loud or if you use the head light, AC and everything electrical in the car at full power?
If not you may have a floating ground wire somewhere of a live wire that short to ground temporarly with inertia or vibrations.
It is possible that the short is just at the place where it melted, you should cut that melted wire and bridge it with marette connectors (making sure those don't get melted either).