Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have the Pioneer 5000 NEX with navigation. Bought it about

Customer Question

I have the Pioneer 5000 NEX with navigation. Bought it about 4 months ago and had it installed by Geek Squad at Best Buy in Eden Prairie, MN. Works great overall. Love it.
However, when my iPhone 6 is connected via Bluetooth, the phone, iTunes music, etc. works fine. And I can start up my Pandora app on my phone and stream it. However, when I try to launch Pandora from the built-in app option on the radio screen, it keeps telling me it's not connected and asks me to touch the icon below to connect, and gives the same message. I'd like to be able to control Pandora from the screen, not my phone, particularly when driving. Can you help? Is it a firmware issue. Seems like it shouldn't be since Pandora is pre-loaded.
Thanks for your prompt reply ... leaving on road trip tomorrow and would like to have it working.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.I too get the impression it is probably a firmware issue.I think that specifically the radio's firmware needs updating - if such an update is available. Generally such an update is put on a memory card or on a USB flash drive, and then plugged into the device, and instructions done on the device that cause it to update from the code on the card (or on the flash drive.) If you will tell me the maker and model # ***** the radio in your car (or the whole 'head unit's maker and model #, perhaps) I will research and tell you whether there is such an update, and how to apply it.(Also we might be able to determine what version the current firmware on the radio or head unit, is now, so as to wee whether the 'update' actually is an update or improvement in version number.)