ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

SiriusXM, HD radio & cell phone sound is heard thru my Lexus

Customer Question

SiriusXM, HD radio & cell phone sound is heard thru my Lexus Rx350 speaker system. The sound from Iheart and Pandora uses my low grade cell phone speakers. Is there any way the sound can be directed electronically to my auto audio system? I have a Kenwood DNX692HD
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Yes, if the phone is connected via USB or bluetooth, it should redirect the sound to the auto audio system.
If that is not the case, and you are using bluetooth, try using a USB connection and let me know if it works.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried your suggestion with a USB connection and it does not work. I explored numerous other combinations and was unable to get the sound coming from the phone to be directed to the car speakers. I do have an external portable bluetooth speaker and can get the sound from Pandora and Iheart directed to the external speaker. I will not pursue this problem any further and will just use the external bluetooth speaker. Please refund my payment.