Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Picked up new 2015 scion today had dealer install xm $599.

Customer Question

picked up new 2015 scion today had dealer install xm $599. can't figure out how to turn it on or find serial number so I can get an account HELP
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
If you had a serious or XM module installed, that means your head unit should already accept it. You may have to go into the source set up in your settings to tell it that it's they are but I would think they would of done that when they installed it.
Now, to get the serial number or subscription number from it is easier and that is something that can only be done from the head unit itself. First of all of course you have to get to the sat – and by the way if you have a set button that should bring it up as well. But once you get into sat tune the XM module to channel 0 and that will be your subscriber number on the display. So, I hope that helps and if they just installed it, I can imagine any reason why it wouldn't be available on your head unit. Like I said it should be a button that says sat. If you don't see that or you still can't find any reference to it either let me know or let the dealer know that they did not activate the module. Keep in mind that the module and it's install by the dealer is not a separate device really it just adds the feature to your head unit. So it shouldn't seem like a separate device altogether.