Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Mitsubishi: there! My 2007 Galant Ralliart has a MMCS navigation

Customer Question

Hi there! My 2007 Galant Ralliart has a MMCS navigation system that does not have a backup/ rearview camera installed, but the unit is capable of connecting one. I would like to add a camera, Is there any information on the pin connectors in the back of my navigation unit? Note that there are many MMCS nav units but mine is part number is ***** There are only FOUR connectors on the back, unlike lancer MMCS which has much more. Thank you very much!
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Normally for the backup camera you will only need to wires. One wire is yellow and carries a video signal while the other wire is black or red and carries power to the back up camera. Only one of those needs to go to the display which is the yellow one. However in the wiring harness for the display I am not able to find any published pen out for which pin that cable goes to. And I'm assuming that's what you're looking for correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Didn't explain PIN number I clearly ask for, and instead gave basic information that didnt help. Inexperienced "expert"