stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada. I am trying to install an

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada. I am trying to install an omega excalibur al-1510-edp remote starter/ security. I am trying to figure out where to hook all of the wires to. I have seen in a few videos the red and black wires should connect next to the ignition switch (right of steering wheel) while a few have said it should be on the left side of the steering wheel. I can't seem to figure out where to cut and where to splice.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
would you like a "wiring guide"?Wiring Guide will show you where & what colors the wires are, but you will need to disassemble some of the Dash & Steering Column to access the wires.
did you still want help on this?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already had found a wiring guide for the oldsmobile bravada as well as for the remote starter/ security. I am trying to figure out how to access the ignition wire harness. I see it is back behind the panel just above the accelerator/ brake. I can't figure out how to maneuver the wire harness as needed to cut and splice in the remote starter. I removed all panels from the Dash and Steering that I could, however the lower assembly of the steering column will not come off. I can pull it back enough to touch the wire harness but I can't remove the harness. Is there any recommendation on how to remove the wire harness and if so how difficult is the task to usually perform.