Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I want to hook up a powered subwoofer to my kenwood unit

Customer Question

Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the Kenwood unit and the powered subwoofer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kenwood marine stereo , Rockville 10 inch powered sub.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Any specific model numbers ? ...something like a Rockville RW10CA ...or a Kenwood KMR-D562BT ?Still, depending on the model/available common connection ports/jacks, possibilities are:• Kenwood's rear speakers wires to the powered subwoofer's HI level INPUT;• Kenwood's rear Line Out to the powered subwoofer's LO level INPUT;• Kenwood's rear Line Out to the powered subwoofer's LFE input;• Kenwood's rear speakers wires to the powered subwoofer's low level input using an adapter.Additionally, the powered subwoofer would need direct power connection to the battery plus a REMOTE trigger/turn-on wire from the Kenwood.