stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

New radio on truck turns on and all function work but no s

Customer Question

new radio on truck turns on and all function work but no sounds
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the radio. And, are the speakers How many?) directly connected to the radio? ...or is there an add-on amplifier?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the new radio is a DUAL XDM260, there are the factory speakers and also I didn't put in a amp.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information. Do you have access to a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no not at the moment.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping to test the speaker/connections. How about a single 1.5 Volts AA or AAA battery and 2 short lengths of electrical wire? Could there also be somebody to help you hold the battery and wire while conducting the tests?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right now I have no way of doing all that by myself at the moment. I know for a fact before disconnecting the factory radio it was working with all speakers.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Could you perhaps at least try a RESET?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I go about doing it?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried removing the front panel? There would a be a reset button behind the front panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just tried it still nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anyway the new harness isn't matching the factory harness on the truck?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
A likely possibility; wiring mismatch. What truck please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2002 Chevrolet avalanche 1500
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.To confirm, what are the wire colors of the factory installed speakers and/or the factory radio harness?The Dual would have gray, white, violet and green wires paired with the same color but with black stripe.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure which ones are the speakers but I put the new harness to the same colors on the dual and when I plug it in I notice the bottom 3/4 colors don't match theres nothing that goes to the other side.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Can you please try and check the factory radio harness if it has tan, gray, light & dark green, brown, yellow, light & dark blue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on one connector it has in this order from left to right
orange,dark green,orange,violet,black,light green,light green,tan,dark green
2nd connector has following from left to right
brown,brown,dark blue,black,dark green with stripe,dark green,purple
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
With the factory radio harness wires disconnected from the Dual, please try testing/momentarily touching on a single 1.5V battery the wire pairs of; tan & gray, light & dark green, brown& yellow, light & dark blue. There should be a clicking sound from each speaker if the wire/pairing/test is correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have yellow or light blue wires on the factory harness
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Which factory harness wires are connected to the Dual's yellow, red and black wires?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
orange
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Car's orange wire to Dual's red & yellow? Black to black?Then do the other remaining wires; i.e. first dark green to violet, light green, tan, dark green, brown, dark blue, dark green with stripe, and finally to purple. The idea is to determine (with a click) which wire pairing would produce a click on the speakers.Repeat for the next potential pairing.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Would appreciate an update when able.