Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Looking igniction swich wire amp setup ! aka"

Customer Question

looking for the igniction swich wire for a amp setup ! aka" REMOTE "wire !
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What model is this?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003 saturn ion .... radio model # *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
adding a 4 00 watt amp to it and well...im not familliar with the wire colors and where they go .....i need to know where the igniction swich wire is whats the color of it
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a different Expert.
The main Ignition wire in your car is in the ignition harness underneath the driver's side dash and is a heavy gauge + Blue wire (always test using a multi-meter regardless of if knowing the wire colors).
Your radio's switched accessory wire is + Yellow located in the stereo wiring harness.
If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from the wire harness to the radio " whats the coded colored wires " !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
color code from the wire harness for a 2003 saturn ion !\
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I stated this in my answer. "Factory wiring harness- YELLOW is the switched Accessory wire".
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
That's the color of the wire, in the factory wiring.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a chance i can send a picture of what im asking as in the wire harness color coded wires and where they go to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for a 2003 saturn wire harness to the radio?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can post a pic of what you are asking about.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes please i have skype
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whats the email.i have the photo's!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. If you are talking about the ignition wires from the ignition harness, the yellow is actually going to be to the vats system so do not touch the yellow wire. The wiring plug will come out of the ignition cylinder and you can test it from there. Just unplug it from the ignition coil and pull it out and want to work on it. The excess rewire their will be read I believe that there are several of them so you still have to test for one that turns on when turning the ignition. You can do this with a small probe which is a very simple and inexpensive tool.