Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  The company that I work for has been involved with military GPS maintenance for the past 3 years.
329447

I have an Ouku 7" Touch-Screen DVD/Radio for my car, but the

I have an Ouku 7" Touch-Screen DVD/Radio for my car, but the Bluetooth won't talk to my iPhone 4GS. The documentation says it needs a A2DP source and (apparently) as long as one has iOS 3.0 installed on the phone it 'should' work. I just want to stream music via Bluetooth to the radio. Any suggestions? All my other Bluetooth devices pair and work fine. Am I missing some setting or do I need a special component for the radio?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer. I'm Steve. Thanks for asking your question. I'm sorry to hear about your issue.

Just so I can get up to speed, is this it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ouku-7-Touch-Screen-2-Din-Car-Stereo-DVD-Player-Radio-Bluetooth-Ipod-TV-Camera-/120782742256

Let me know.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve,

This is basically the unit, without camera or ipod accessories. If you check out Ouku as the brand name you'll definitely find it. I have the 'basic' version which could be why Bluetooth is 'not enabled', but I can't see any obvious reason why it wouldn't be active (unless it's an optional extra). I only need the receiver function, but maybe it's a package deal.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have Bluetooth references in the head unit's menus?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If that means general settings and such... yes. The main menu icon is there but is not enabled. When I check the general settings, Bluetooth is listed, but I only have 2 options: connect (auto/manual) and auto-answer (auto/manual). There doesn't seem to be any particular protocol for pairing either. My iPhone 4GS doesn't recognize it either.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

No, I would probably concur that you have a model without it although that is hard to believe in today's day and age.

Unfortunately, I see no manuals for this brand and the web site is completely in Chinese.

Do you have a link to a manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm looking right now, but no such luck. Apparently it's a subsidiary of Light In The Box. I'll try there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry. That was 'lightinthebox.com'. Again, not much I can see, although every model is advestised as supporting Bluetooth. You may be right, it could be simply not installed. As you say, in this day and age that's surprising. I'm not near the documentation right now, but I'll check it again to see if I missed something. It's very basic, and not such good English, but maybe something will be listed.

Thanks for the advice. Prompt, courteous and helpful. If you do find something let me know.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

I will take a look too and let you know.

Regards

Steve

Steve G., Engineer
Experience: The company that I work for has been involved with military GPS maintenance for the past 3 years.