Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Sony CDX-S2010 CD player which is stuck in demo mode. I have followed the instru

I have a Sony CDX-S2010 CD player which is stuck in demo mode. I have followed the instruction from the manual and looked online for how other people have solved this problem but cannot get any of the suggested and recommended solutions to work. How do I turn it off so i have a working car stereo again?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried the same steps with the Sony turned OFF but with the ignition key set to ACC?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you mean with no display on the screen - so completely turned off but with the ignition set to ACC?

I haven't tried that with it turned completely off but with ignition set to ACC. Each time I tried it the display was on and flashing through DEMO mode.

Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Yes please. Turn OFF the Sony. The clock would then be displayed followed by the DEMO mode. With the ignition switch still at ACC, press and hold the SEL. When the setup mode is displayed, press again SEL a couple of times until DEMO is displayed. Use VOLUME +/- to select OFF. Once turned off, press and hold again SEL.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried the suggested answer but nothing happened. DEMO did not flash up it just continues to flash through the various displays with none of the buttons working.
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
I understand.

Hopefully, an alternate approach may be provided by other members of the site. The question would be re-opened and I would be opting out.

Good luck with the Sony.

This is not an Info Request.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert was unable to answer question based on followup