bluextc89
bluextc89, Small Business Owner
Experience:  MECP Certified, Car Audio Pro 17 Years. Shop owner 5 years.
22516588

I have the 9776i remote start alarm. last night getting ready

I have the 9776i remote start alarm. last night getting ready for weekend trip, i started car remotely, unlocked car to pack car with 1st luggage then locked car with engine still running to warm up car for pets. Went to go get them, came back remote start timed out so I started car remotely again, it started but the remote buttons stopped working. Used car key to open door and alarm went off. Alarm would stop but go off and on. Blue light would flash fast twice and chirp 3 or 4 times fast. I could not get remotes to work. Got manual and used valet mode to stop alarm. Can't get remotes to work or valet mode off. Is there anything i can do to get remotes and alarm to work?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for stopping by.
MANUAL LINK

For the Pursuit (Now Audiovox) PRO-9776i

To remove the system from valet mode - turn the ignition to ON, and press/release the LED just once.

What is the current staus of the LED?
Flashing, Solid, OFF?

What procedure did you use to enter "valet mode".

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

pressed and released, nothing. pressed and held bluelight is till ssolid.

put in valet mode by: turned ignition key to on, pressed and held pbled switch until solid. chipping and alarm stopped.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
blue led is currently on.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
New: OWNERS MANUAL LINK

So you have put the key to ON position (door open) - and pressed/released the LED once?

It will not come out of valet?

If in valet - the doors should still lock/unlock and panic should still work.
If your remotes are getting no response - there is a different issue.

This alarm has anti-code grabbing... so it never uses the same code twice.
Push the lock button 2x within 1 second and let me know if it responds.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't have door open before. I went back out to car and blue LED was still on. That should indicate valet mode, I assume. This time I left door open, turn fob key on, pressed and released PBLED and blue light went off. Where I assume valet mode is off now.

Pressed lock button on alarm remote and nothing happens. Driver door open or closed nothing. I don't have a panic button on remote, just on the fob key.There is a button on bottom that has 1 / 2 which I don't really know what it's used for. It's a single button that goes side1 to side 2.

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Ok - progress.

Laughing

"Panic" mode is pressing and HOLDING lock or unlock for 3 seconds - this activates the alarm.

Press unlock 2x within second? any response?
Press/hold for 3 seconds. Response?

Now that alarm is off valet - start the vehicle (door closed) - and then turn it off.

Exit the vehicle, shut door, and attempt to arm.

Edited by bluextc89 on 2/12/2011 at 4:07 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tried twice and nothing.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a second remote - and have you verified the battery you replaced is inserted correctly?

I am running out of options on why the alarm is functioning - but the remote is not.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Wow - it IS getting late - I swear i read that you replaced the transmitter batteries.

Have you? Or am I imagining things?

If not - It's the place to start if nothing is happening with the keyfob.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
I'm going to call it a night.

I'll be sure to check in on you tomorrow - especially if I can think of any other reason the transmitter will not wake up. (other than the keyfob battery being dead).

Goodnight
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alarm was installed in the last week of July 2010. Have 2 remotes and both would not work prior to talking to you. Just tried 2nd remote and no luck. I have not changed the batteries.

Keyfobs work fine. One new keyfob and new battery in other keyfob.

Thanks for help tonight. Goodnight

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Had a chance to clear my head - and wanted you to do the following....

Open the door (keep it open)
Put the key in the ignition and turn to run.
Press the LED 3x
You should hear 1 chirp.... and the led will blink once...pause...once...pause etc.

(This means you are in programming bank 1& Now we need to see if the alarm recognizes the remote.)
Within 15 seconds - Press and HOLD the LOCK button on the remote until the siren warbles.

This means the Lock function is enabled on that remote. (continue)

Now press the LED 2x
Siren should chirp 2x and LED blink 2...pause...2...pause etc.
Press & HOLD the UNLOCK button on the remote until the siren warbles.

Now UNLOCK has been programmed.

Turn the key to OFF, and the siren will warble.

Now you can at least unlock/lock without the alarm sounding.

I am not with my Audiovox programming list at the moment... so I'm not sure what channel 3 and 4 are (and remote start)... but if you've gotten this far - the brain is not failed. Reply with the model # XXXXX the transmitter - and perhaps I can find documentation online.

If you cannot get into programming mode at all - it would appear the brain has, indeed, developed an issue that needs to be looked at by the installer.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks!!

Here is a video that may explain it better. It's not the exact model - but all Audiovox/Pursuit etc. use the same basic technique.

LINK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning

I watched video and alarm responded correctly but cannot communicate with both alarm remotes. Remotes seem to work since the red indicater light flashes fast every time a button is pushed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a possibility that the factory installed alarm system interfering? Before this problem the factory alarm activated with Pursuit alarm system.

Programming cycle;

1 chirp = lock

2 chirps = unlock driver door

3 chirps = unlock all doors and tailgate/trunk?

4 chirps = activates remote start?

Also, Led light flashes sames as chirps.

1 flash = 1 chirp, 2 = 2 chirp, 3 = 3, 4 = 4

then after 1 - 2 minutes, alarm chirps 4 times indicating timed out and deactivates programing.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It may be possible that I triggered manual override. The manual shows how to do it but doesn't say how to disengage override.

transmitters have part # XXXXX back. 095BPR

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that - I have the same information available on the Audiovox (parent company) tech site.

All of the manuals have the 2nd and 3rd programming charts - and i need the first.
It's been a while since working with audiovox, and it's hard to keep everything in your head.

But - were you able to get channel 1 and 2 (lock and unlock) programmed to a remote?
Any further research is moot if you cannot enter programming with your remote.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
When you got the alarm - the installer should have given you a paper like this....

graphic
Indicating what functions are installed on what buttons/channels.
Can you give me the model number of the remote you are using?

I have a call in to a colleague - but he will not likely reply until Monday.

I'll keep you posted.

Edited by bluextc89 on 2/12/2011 at 10:25 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - I wasn't able to get channel 1 - 2 programed to either remote.

Did not receive the paper serperately, but there is the same thing in back of manual. Although, It's not filled out.

Remote model/part # XXXXX XXXXX

I know I triggered or turned on the Manual override. I just don't understand why both remotes stopped working right after I started car using remote start. I was only about 5 feet from the car.

Unless you have any idea as to why the happened. I guess I it needs to go to installer and have them check it out.

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.

Wow - after I submitted my last reply - all your other replies came up.

Weird.

Ok - i was thinking override - but in order to GET to override you only press the LED one time.

You indicated you pressed and held it until the LED came on solid.

Turn the ignition to ON

Turn the Ignition to OFF

Within 10 seconds - press and relase the LED 1x.

This should remove it from override if that is the issue.

Do you know where the brain is installed?

Perhaps with the slamming of doors - the antenna plug came loose?

Check at the antenna on the windshield.... and at the brain.

(See the diagram below)

graphic

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.

The brain should be up in the dash cavity above the brake pedal.

You may need to remove a trim panel to access.

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.

it keeps getting deeper :)

the information I have on the Journey - is that if the factory alarm is installed - it cannot be disarmed other than with the original remote.

So - somehow - the programmer was able to send a pulsed signal to the factory alarm module to get it to disarm.

At this point - it's going to be your best route - return to the original installer and have them troubleshoot.

If I hear anything of importance from the shop I once worked for (Has dealt with Audiovox forever) I will be sure to bass it on.

bluextc89, Small Business Owner
Experience: MECP Certified, Car Audio Pro 17 Years. Shop owner 5 years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No luck on manual override.

I can see under dash but don't see the brain.There's a whole mess of wires that I don't feel comfortable messing with. It is possible since I live in Chicago with all the bumps and potholes. That's one reason I'm moving soon to southern illinios.

Only antenna I know of is on the tailgate. i have a Dodge Journey Crossover SUV.

I'll take it in to the shop, should still be under warrnty since it's only been 6 months ago on installation.

I want to thank you for all the help you've done. You taught me more than i knew before.

Sending this to make sure you get it, them accept answer to make sure you get the credit.

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that.

The antenna should be glass mounted (on the front windshield)

graphic
View Full Image

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Inside or outside? I never saw anything that looked like the antenna at all.

Thank's

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
It is supposed to be glass-mounted (inside).
It may be re-located (installer preference).

Some tuck it in the headliner - some put it in the A-pillar trim.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Thank's, could it have been installed outside?

I'm going out to dinner with my brother so I won't be able to answer right away.

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
not likely - as the wiring plugs in to the antenna, and there is no protection from the elements.

The wires are black green and red - going to the antenna. The lead is less than 4' long - so it can't be far from the brain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. Thanks

I'm definitely taking to the dealership. Will try to send message on what they determine.

Again, Thank's for your help.