stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I HAVE CLARION A2471A RD3-01 CD UNIT IN A PEUGEOT 307 AND WANT

Customer Question

I HAVE CLARION A2471A RD3-01 CD UNIT IN A PEUGEOT 307 AND WANT TO CONNECT TO A BLAUPUNKT 5CD UNIT ALSO FROM A 307.THE CONNECTOR SUPPLIED BY PEUGEOT FITS THE BLAUPUNKT BUT NOT THE CLARION .THE CONNECTION ON THE CLARION A2471 HAS THREE ROWS OF SPIKES ,2 ROWS OF 7 AND AN INNER ROW OF 6 IN AN OBLONG SHAPE APPROX 3.75CM. CAN YOU HELP ME OBTAIN THIS CONNECTOR?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  stereoaz replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
stereoaz :

sorry they are not compatable.the clairion head unit will require a clarion cd changer if you want to control it from the head unit.unless the blaupunkt is a universal fm modulated changer

stereoaz :

it will not work.if it worked and was controlled by the factory peugot stereo,then it would need that stereo to work.

JACUSTOMER-ry9g502j- :

none of the leads I have been offered from Peugeot dealers fit the connection on the back of the clarion cd player. It is this connector lead I am seeking.

stereoaz :

i would need to see a close up pic of the back connector on the clarion.you are missing the clarion wire harness correct?

JACUSTOMER-ry9g502j- :

Full Size Image

stereoaz :

sorry,when i try to see the pic,its so distorted, i can tell. can you resend 2 clear pics on of the face of the stereo also

stereoaz :

i cant see the pic clearly.can you get a good camera and send a better pic and also one of the front of stereo?

JACUSTOMER-ry9g502j- :

Full Size Image
Full Size Image
Hard to get a good pic, little movement on wires. Also hard to attach to this site. These are the best I can do. NB the only connectors supplied by Peugeot dealers are half the size of the pins area available at the back of this CD/radio player.

stereoaz :

we have nothing like this model in the usa.heres clarion uks phone #

stereoaz :

+44(0)1793 870400 try them on monday and explain the situation .also have you tried all your local car audio shops.many times they have these plugs just laying around.