Audio_holic82
Audio_holic82, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  MECP First Class Certified, 11+ years working on car electronics,

I have a Magellan 1440 that is stuck and need reset how do

I have a Magellan 1440 that is stuck and need reset how do I reset
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Audio_holic82 replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Audio_holic82 :

Thank you for your question. Have you tried to slide and hold the power button in the on position for 45 to 60 seconds? If not can you please try this and let me know if this works? Thank you.

Customer :

No that did not work

Audio_holic82 :

Do you have the USB cable to plug it in to your computer?

Customer :

Yes but it will not connect to the computer

Audio_holic82 :

When you tried to reset the unit, was the SD card installled?

Customer :

No I dont have an SD card in th

Customer :

the unit

Audio_holic82 :

From what I can tell, the only way to reset the unit is to go into the menu settings and hit restore to factory settings. Seeing as you cannot get to that point, can you please tell me how old your unit is?

Customer :

Just a little over a year

Audio_holic82 :

okay...I understand your frustration as you want your unit to work properly. Magellan has a 1 year manufacturer warranty and it sounds as though you are out of warranty. At this point, it is your call. You can try to remove the battery and see if that will reset the unit, as to I have instructed every way that I know how. Option 2 would be to contact Magellan HERE for an authorized repair center in your area. Let me know what you would like to do.

Customer :

I thank you I do have an extended warranty with Best Buy Hopefully they will accept that I cannot resolve this issue on my computer and replace it.

Audio_holic82 :

That's fantastic. Contact them and they most likely will just exchange it for you. can I be of any further assistance?

Customer :

No thank you

Audio_holic82 :

Thank you for allowing me to serve you and I wish you the best of luck. Thank you for using JA and we hope to see you again. Take care and thank you.

Customer :

Do I hit the Accept button and what did this session cost?

Audio_holic82 :

If you are 100% satisfied with your answer, then you can hit accept and it will charge you $16. Please be aware of Just Answers policy that you only are encouraged to hit accept if you are 100% satisfied. If not satisfied, please feel free to let me know, so that I can be of further assistance. If you do decide to accept, I love to hear positive feedback on what my customers think of my professionalism and responses. Thank you so much.

Experience: MECP First Class Certified, 11+ years working on car electronics,