bluextc89
bluextc89 , Small Business Owner
Experience:  MECP Certified, Car Audio Pro 17 Years. Shop owner 5 years.
22516588

The radio of my Jaguar S type, year 2.000, shows locked10 .

The radio of my Jaguar S type, year 2.000, shows: "locked10". The VIN is SAJAAO1E3YFL57484, The radio serial number is: PFYMO11433, and the security code number is XXXXX Can you help me to unlock my radio? Thanks
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 6 years ago.

S-Type radio code entry fo 6 button type

Security code
This unit is protected by an anti-theft security code. Any power interruption will cause the display to indicate ‘CODE’. At this point the unit will not operate until the correct security code has been entered.

Enter the code by repeatedly pressing preset buttons one to four until the correct code is displayed. Then press preset button five to confirm entry.

eg. to enter code 3458 (code num,ber rotates from 1,2,3...-0

turn on the ignition
Radio displays CODE
Press preset button 1 twice until 3 is displayed
Press preset button 2 3 times until 4 is displayed
Press preset button 3 4 times until 5 is displayed
Press preset button 4 7 times until 8 is displayed

The number of attempts is shown on the display. After three unsuccessful attempts, the unit will not accept further entries until a delay of 30 minutes has elapsed. Up to seven further attempts may be made, with a delay of 30 minutes between each, after which the display will show ‘LOCKED’.

If the security code is lost, or the display shows ‘LOCKED’, contact your Jaguar dealer. The dealer will require proof of vehicle ownership and the serial number of the unit before supplying a security code. To display the serial number, press and hold preset buttons two and six simultaneously.

Thanks for using J.A.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The information that you send me, it's the same that I have read in the handbook attached to the radio and i have a card that includes the radio serial number and the code security number, the problem is that the radio is locked.

I have sent you this information in my question, and also the VIN of the car. The nearest Jaguar dealer of my town is 100 kilometres away, and I phoned him and he told me that there is only one solution, changing all the unit with a high cost.

The display shows: "locked10". The VIN is SAJAAO1E3YFL57484, The radio serial number is: PFYMO11433, and the security code number is XXXXX Can you help me to unlock my radio? Thanks

If you could help me, with a solution that permit me to press the correcto code, it could be great.

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 6 years ago.

Have you left the key on for 20 minutes to see if the radio will allow code entry again?

What is the manufacture brand of the radio?

Thanks

Edited by bluextc89 on 4/27/2010 at 6:30 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What do you mean with manufacture brand?

The radio in inside of the structure of the car, and it has assembled in the jaguar manufactures.

thanks

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 6 years ago.

The radios are not manufactured by Jaguar.

Blaupunkt, Alpine, and some Clarion radios are installed at the manufacturer.

However...

Before waiting for 30 minutes - try pressing (and holding key 6 on the radio for 5-30 seconds)

If it works, 4 dashes will appear so you can enter the code.

Thanks!

Edited by bluextc89 on 4/27/2010 at 6:43 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I bought the car in Spain, The dealer is from Germany: Brandes & Dschüdow Gmbh 48161 Münster-Nienberge. Germany.

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 6 years ago.
Has pressing & holding 6 allowed you to enter the code?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you.