Dan, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Diploma with Database Access
17871496

i got a 2000 eclipse im removeing th factory stereo and installing

i got a 2000 eclipse im removeing th factory stereo and installing an after market stereo i look at wire diagrams for my vehical but doesnt fully match what i have i removed factory stero by cliping all wires from the harnesses connected to stereo most wires make since but i have a red ,a black a brown and whit wirer that i dont know what there for?i also cant find any speaker wiresconnected to the stereo?and i have to black lug in wires and like a s- video typea cable that i sniped?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
You dont need these 3 wires and the s-video type wire you cut is for the cd changer......to install a aftermarket stereo in this vehicle you need to get a special harness that allows the stock amplifier to work or be bypassed.....You can get this off ebay. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did u get that last reply?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
No, it didnt show up.......what did you say? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so i dont need the red black white or brown wires ... and what is the two black plug in wires that plug int the back one maybe is attena whats the other and can i just hook up my aftermarket stereo and just avoid th factory amp all together and just run a new amp off the aftermarket stereo and run my new speaker wire?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Correct you dont need the red, black, white, or brown wires........both of the black wires are grounds. You can bypass the amplifier but you would want to buy the harness I sent you in the second link above.....then you run those wires right to the cd player. Unless you just want to run new wires from the cd player directly to each speaker individually......It would take a littler longer but work just fine. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if i run an aftermarket amp from the preamps theat are connected to my new stereo then i can just run my new speaker wires from the amp to each speaker right? and i will pay u extra for all your help
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Correct.....if you use rca cables to connect the aftermarket radio to the amplifier then you can just run the speakers to the amplifier. You could also just run the speakers directly to the radio......you dont need a amplifier but if you already have one and want to use one either way would work fine. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
and these thick black plug ins are grounds cause therelike as thick as a pencil and the ends are liuke small versions of like the end of a ac adaptor like you plug in you cigaret lighter?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Ok, what you are talking about are the antennas.........there are two antenna connectors for this radio and the black wires in the connector are grounds. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Car Electronics Technician
Experience: 2 Year Automotive Diploma with Database Access