Andy, Elec & Comp Pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Navigon GPS will not charge or turn on in use approximately

Navigon GPS will not charge or turn on in use approximately two years.
Hello !!

Where did you try to charge it

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tried to charge it in my truck cigarette lighter
Hi !!

It is possible that the fuse in the car charger has blown or the car female plug has issue and so its not charging your device.

You can confirm this by connecting it to your computer using the USB cord and charing it for 6-7 hours (running computer) and then try to start it.

Also, try to plug in your gps to some other car (using current charger) and see if it works there. If it does, then you know that its your car's issue.

The USB cable will look like this :

graphic
View Full Image

Can you please try this and let me know

Now, if you confirm that your car charger as well as car plug is fine, then your garmin has hardware issues and needs repair. If in warranty Garmin will repair it for free. Else first take a quote from them as it might be cheaper to buy a new unit.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid for my work.

If it did not help, please let me know instead of leaving a Negative Feedback.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Hi !!

I saw your feedback. Also, I am sorry for typing mistake in my Answer. I means Navigon instead of Garmin.

Press Ctrl+D to save this page as Favorite/Bookmark so that you can click on it to reach me later.

Alternately you can login to Justanswer.com again and then goto My Questions and reply to this question.

And you will connect to me in both ways. And yes, I will continue assisting you even after you accept my answer.

Thanks!!