Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I have vanguard mutual funds in Merrill Edge as part of my

Customer Question

I have vanguard mutual funds in Merrill Edge as part of my ROTH IRA account. I wanted to sell these funds and invest in a better Fidelity fund with in my ROTH IRA Account. Between now and my initial investment in 2013, the Vanguard funds have appreciated by 2000 $. Will there be any capital gains or other tax implications for the sale of Vanguard funds. FYI, I will be investing immediately in Fidelity funds once the funds are liquidated. Please help. Thanks, Sam
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. There is no tax consequences on transactions within the ROTH account. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need clarification.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.