Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

If a Family Limited Partnership sells income producing

Customer Question

If a Family Limited Partnership sells income producing property must the partners declare the taxable long term capital gains if the partnership does not disburse the sale proceeds
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I would be happy to help you with your questions.

The Long-term gain would be allocated to the member of the partnership. It does not matter if the profits are distributed.

Each member would have his or her share of the gain reflected in a K-1 at the end of the year.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification. I am happy to help.