levr
levr, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Working for a large tax preparation service
870116

I am solo owner of a company and also was employed by a

Customer Question

I am solo owner of a company and also was employed by a company in the 2015, what is the proper form to file my taxes. FORM 1040 / 1040A / 1040EZ - U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
FORM 1040-SS - U.S. Self-Employment Tax Return
Category: Capital Gains and Losses
Expert:  levr replied 7 months ago.
If you are an employee - and receive wages reporting on W2 form - you may use either form 1040 / 1040A / 1040EZ
Expert:  levr replied 7 months ago.
If you are self-employed and receive self-employment income in additional to W2 - you may ONLY use 1040 with attached schedule C.If your net self-employment income is above $400 (after deducting all business expenses) - you will be subject of self-employment tax - and will need to add schedule SE..FORM 1040-SS is used by Bona Fide Residents of Puerto Rico.Please verify if that is related to you..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.