Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Tax preparer with 23 years experience, including US/Canada tax returns.
13714381

It is my first year in business as a realtor. I am running

Customer Question

It is my first year in business as a realtor. I am running my business as a Personal Real Estate Corporation. For the first 7 months I used my own car and then I leased a new car. All of the gas and the lease payments have been going thru the corporation. Also, $10,000 trade in on my old car was used towards the lease amount. My question is: How should I handle this for tax purposes?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I have kept a mileage log but am unsure as to how to calculate the mileage. Should it be from home to the business appointment and back? I spend very little time in the brokerage office.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Tax
Expert:  Mark CPA replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

Expert:  Mark CPA replied 1 month ago.

Are you located in Canada?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Mark CPA replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry I did not see that sooner. I am going to opt out an allow someone that is an expert on Canadian rules. I apologize for the error.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It has almost been 24 hours and I have not heard anything.