How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Canada Tax
Satisfied Customers: 31
Experience:  Tax preparer with 23 years experience, including US/Canada tax returns.
Type Your Canada Tax Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How are shares handled with death of mother to siblings,

Customer Question

How are shares handled with death of mother to siblings , regardin mineral rights in a company
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Sask. Canada
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: A Family mineral holding company
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can shares be rolled without any taxation
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Canada Tax
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Is there a Will?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We understood when company was formed ,shares could roll to the spouse,children or grand children as long tere was a blood relation with no tax implications.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

This is better answered in our Canada tax category so I will ask the site to have it moved and opt out.


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK thank you

Related Canada Tax Questions