How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Canada Tax
Satisfied Customers: 33
Experience:  Tax preparer with 23 years experience, including US/Canada tax returns.
Type Your Canada Tax Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a us resident, with dual us Canadian citizenship. I

Customer Question

Im a us resident, with dual us Canadian citizenship. I worked in both Canada and the us, and am still working in the us. I am eligible for a pension from my Canadian employer, and am trying to fill out the TD1 and TD1BC. Since I'm a non resident of Canada, will the payor deduct 15%? I assume this then becomes a foreign tax credit on my 1040. (I itemize). is there a way to eliminate the Canadian tax and pay as incremental income on my us only form? if Canada withholds, do I have a filing obligation?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Canada Tax
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.

I didn't realize that this was about Canada and the US.

There are other experts who are specialists in this area and so I am going to opt.