How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bkb1956 Your Own Question
bkb1956, Tax Preparer
Category: Canada Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2652
Experience:  Tax preparer with 18+ years of experience
Type Your Canada Tax Question Here...
bkb1956 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are both retired, we want to start a business

Customer Question

My wife and I are both retired, we want to start a business where we will do services for senior citizens. We do not want to charge any money because a lot of them cannot afford it. How can we do this and use our non payment as a tax write off?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Canada Tax
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, unless you are making "donations" to one of CRA's qualified charities, you cannot take a tax credit/deduction.

Alternatively, you and your wife may want to consider forming a not-for-profit corporation.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  bkb1956 replied 6 days ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can assist you further.

Best regards,


Related Canada Tax Questions