adamousacom
adamousacom, CPA, PFS, QFP, CGMA
Experience:  CPA, Dual Citizen US and canada
15641319

I have an issue with TurboTax (Canadian filier) applying my

Customer Question

My name is***** have an issue with TurboTax (Canadian filier) applying my loss carry forward to the current years capital gains.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Line 127 of my T1 summary shows a capital gain amount of say $5k, I have loss carried forwards remaining of $30k, however the Turbo Tax software is not putting in any values in either line 253 or 254 to apply so of my loss carry forward to offset the $5k amount. I am wondering why?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Canada Tax
Expert:  adamousacom replied 1 year ago.
If you opened a previous years copy or not that depends on the answer. Please let me know.