Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My 17 year old daughter has made allegations against me.

My 17 year old daughter has made sexual allegations against me. While I know I have never done such a thing, the process has been in the hands of child and family services for 6 weeks. Is there anything I can do legally. Furthermore should I get legal representation.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Manitoba, Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Allegations reported
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I've been told that there is nothing I can do other than wait for the investigation to be completed. But, its been 6 weeks already

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks

I am sorry to hear this.

There is nothing you can do in terms of making a statement at this point in time but yes, you most assuredly should be retaining legal representation.

If child protective services believes her they will be calling the police as well.

You should be consulting with a criminal lawyer at the least. Whether you need a family lawyer or not is yet to be seen.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I live in Canada so its child and family services. At this point I am not sure if I will be interviewed by them or police. Is your answer the same

I am a family lawyer in Canada. It is called different names depending on the jurisdiction.

I think you should have a brief consultation with a criminal lawyer to be ready in case you are contacted by them or the police.