Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was at the hospital in Canada the other day did not sign

Customer Question

I was at the hospital in Canada the other day did not sign any consents
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: didn't sign anything they did a urine drug and it came back positive for the my dr just called me and dumped me as a pt
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They reported to my dr
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am extremely upset as I was not aware and I am an RN
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I had called EMS on the side of the highway extreme headache
Prone to migraines had a bad dizzy spell pullled over to safety
Was totally aware of all my surroundings
Gave all medical info to nurse EMS attending dr including prescribed meds no confusion no reason for urine drug screen to be done no loss of consciousness totally inappropriate no consent signed
All meds found prescribed unfortunately had thc which is also prescribed but not acceptable as RN what are my rights also why and how do I deal with the hospital that did this without my consent and get this under wraps as I am a professional......and word travels fast my dr is very upset and refuses to prescribe my pain meds now and I have a very painful aggressive medical disease of my back called anklyosying spondylitis
And I have been in an acute flare since April and have failed 3 biological medications with terrible side effects..... I have been treated like dirt for years as a result of the use of pain meds let alone have this happen please advise
Thank you
B Reilly
Email***@******.***
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My phone no is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Debra replied 6 days ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 6 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What was the reason given for calling your doctor?

Expert:  Debra replied 5 days ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi there
The sent over the results to. My family dr .... again no reason for that either usually you are asked if you wish to share info from your visit with the family doc I wasn't even asked....
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I was in between a funeral viewing and funeral when I received the call from my dr that he has the results....and due to the rules and regulations set forth by our lovely government legislature requires any positive results withbanything other then what is prescribed is grounds for family dr to stop prescribing current narcotics....
So then send the individual to the streets basically sad system we live in
Expert:  Debra replied 2 days ago.

But you provided them with the name of the family doctor, right?

Expert:  Debra replied 23 hours ago.

Thanks!