Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I opened an Ontario Business account and gave it the same

Customer Question

I opened an Ontario Business account and gave it the same name as the company where I work. The company is in the transition of a sale and it was found out during due diligence procedure. They obtained my business licence and requested that I cancel the licence in order to proceed with the sale, which I did. Now they are requesting copies of the business bank statements. I told them that the account was a slush fund to hide money from my wife. I have not been back to work since Thursday. I am 67 years old and only work 3 days a week (part time). As of today there has been no indication if the sale took place. What should I do?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 days ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 days ago.

I am not quite following the facts.

Are you saying you are not going back to work because you don't know if you have a job any more?

And are you also saying that there is a bank account that is your own account but it sounds like is owned by the company and they are concerned you took their money?

Expert:  Debra replied 9 days ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!