Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I live in peel region and a child care review officer came

Customer Question

hi there I live in peel region and a child care review officer came to my condo for a home visit inspection I wasn;t home but the building said my childs father lives with us and he also answered the door. He helps with my son and takes him to and from daycare because my commute for work is 1.5 hours each way. I under investigation now and I need to understand this process and what I should do
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: mississauga Ontario Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I submitted copies of my bank statements for 12 months, income tax filings etc, mortgage stmt,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i dont think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Why did they first start to investigate and why did they show up at your home?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure why to be honest
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I received a letter a few months back that I needed to provide documents for review i had no idea they would show up
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

But who told you they did show up?

Was any letter left at your home?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my sons father had just dropped my son to daycare and he was at my house when they knocked, he opened the door they gave him a letter with the case worker eligibility officers card. I called her and he she asked if he lives there I said no he drops and picks up our son from daycare each day cause I work long hours etc she also asked my building management office if he lives there and they said yes. he used to live with us in 2013 no no longer although he sees our son everyday and watches him if i have to work late etc. I called her the caseworker she asked if they looked at video surveillance would it show he lived with us..i said no. can they do this?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Yes they will be able to do that if they want to.

The CRA can do pretty much what they want to do.

They can seize assets and freeze bank accounts without suing.

They can get a warrant for anything really and for sure can get the videotapes.

So as the father does not live there you have nothing to hide and make that clear and make it clear you will fully co-operate and give them any documentation they want and also provide any consents that they are asking for if it ever comes to that.

Does that make sense?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thx, should I get a lawyer?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

If you've not been honest with them then yes.

If you have then you can wait and see what transpires and hold off on paying a lawyer right now.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?