Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am wondering how serious lawyers/law take Defamation of

Customer Question

I am wondering how serious lawyers/law take Defamation of Character claims, within families. I have a very strong gut feeling/backed by facebook contact data, that my brother in law is trying to defame my character within a very small city. This has being going on for years, and finally pieced together a circle of contacts. Some of these contacts are principals and teachers within the school system. I am a university education mother of two boys. This has caused me severe stress since I have moved to my inlaws home town/city. We moved here from a major city, so my husband could take over the family business. This family business ownership/share freeze has also been an ongoing source of stress since we moved here 10 years ago. Please advise if there is anything I can do to stop this, or claim anything of the defamation side through a lawsuit
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am so sorry to hear this.

Can you prove who is doing this?

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!