How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98905
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i invite my fiance from singapore to visit me in canada

Customer Question

Can i invite my fiance from singapore to visit me in canada
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Yes you can. For sure you can invite anyone you want to visit you.

Is that all you need to know?

If not let me know what more you do need to learn from from.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ilooked up under immigration on the internet and it said that they dont do fianse invitations anymore because they have no way of knowing that your fiance will go back to her country. Is this true
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

No that is not the least bit true.

But your fiancee will have to prove that they have strong ties to back home, such as a job, a house, family and other ties to the community.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My fiance just finished a 6 month course as Hotel room attendent can she get visa to come and find work in canada
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

No that won't work.

She will never be admitted if she wants to work in Canada.

And it is not possible to apply for a work permit from within Canada.

Really it may be best to just get married and then sponsor her.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
she is not in canada she is in the philippines
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

You may have to go there or meet her somewhere else.

I know she is not in Canada of course as the main question is getting a visitor's visa!

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions