Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My mother passed away in may 2015....my sister and brother

Customer Question

my mother passed away in may 2015....my sister and brother in law are the beneficiary's. I had 2 surgery's for cancer in April and Aug 2016 and I wasn't able to contest the will. My question is am I still able to have a copy of the statement of transactions they made
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: everything has been done except I am waiting for the money that was left over from the estate. they keep on putting it off first nov then dec now march or longer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no bc canada
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

You can get a copy of all that is in the court file simply by asking at the courthouse. This is a matter of public record and anyone can see that.

There may not be much by way of showing what went on though if they are the two executors and two beneficiaries though you would see the value of the estate.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?