Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have a question about STDs and Canadian law. Is it a

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a question about STDs and Canadian law. Is it a criminal offence not to tell your sexual partner if you have an STD (genetal warts)?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Canada, in Ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, it's my daughter that it happened to.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment, thank you.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 14 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

There have been cases where someone has been charged when they had an STD and had consensual sexual relations with someone who was not told about the STD ahead of time.

There have also been cases where someone has successfully sued a sexual partner who gave them an STD when they knew they had the disease and did not reveal it.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.