Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I got a call from a courrier company in Texas saying they

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I got a call from a courrier company in Texas saying they have a package for me but it is in Transit in Missouri. This was an order i made for 2 boxes of HGH. The courrier company is asking me to pay $499 USD for insurance so the customs do not open the package. I am leary on this what do you think? I live in Montreal Canada.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No they just emailed me for insurance fees and call me every day If I want the package.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know that I do not want any problems, the HGH i ordered online and seemed legal. At this point I do not want to have to deal with DEA. What shall I do?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I ordered HGH (growth hormone) online. This package was sent to Texas marked discreet on it. I was called by the courrier company to advise me that for the package not to be verified by customs I had to pay $499 insurance since it was in transit in MI on way to my home address in Montreal, Canada. At this point I do not want to have any issues with DEA as I ordered this legally and it was intended for my personal use. WOuld you have any advise as to whether I abandon the package and let customs seize it.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 13 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It sort of feels like a scam that the courrier company wants $500 for the package to be delivered without customs checking it?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No can you please just answer and provide your opinions by chat. Thanks

What you are being told makes no sense.

Paying insurance does not prevent customs from opening a package.

Customs is the government. Why would they agree not to open a package because some company pays insurance?

And it is not legal to purchase this online because you need a prescription for this as it is regulated.

And no doctor can give a subscription online because you first need to have the doctor examine you and run some tests to see if is is needed.

So you are being scammed and also taking a huge risk (aside from a health risk because you don't even know what you are actually getting).

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** like I was being blackmailed. If I do not claim the package and it gets seized. I assume I will get a letter of seizure and which I will discard package and avoid further problems. Please advise on your thoughts. Thanks

They are trying to scam you by scaring you into paying.

We don't even know if the package does exist.

I think you should cut off all communications with them and end this matter.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you I appreciate your help! I feel better now. Have a great evening! Your services were much appreciated!