Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

We are about to go to trial and have found our expert

Customer Question

We are about to go to trial and have found our expert wittness is not being up front with us
ie: not recognizing the math figures or weight that the misnistry guide book puts forth. Do we have to go along with his figures? They are considerably lower than ours and we can prove it. We have tried to find a new expert to no avail. Thank you for you answer.
Edith
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did you already provide these findings to the other side?

Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not know if our lawyer has shown this to the other side. I have asked many times to see the file he has on this case, he is unwilling to show us, I find this very strange. This is a big case and has been going on for years. Our phone has (is) bugged as our house and work place. He does not want us talking to the expert??? I feel we should be talking to him all along, am I right? His last statement of opinion is very questionable, as Kelly says (if he were in my class I would fail him) This expert has his masters and doctoret in eveything. Is it not up to our lawyer to find a expert witness? Where should we go from here. We have been told to get a lawyer out of provence, also a expert witness, we have tried without luck. Thank you Edith
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

I am not quite following just yet.

Your lawyer will not allow you to see the documents in your own file about this case nor speak to you own witness?

And you don't know if the evidence that you clearly don't want to use was provided to the other side or not? Your own lawyer won't tell you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We are going to see our lawyer on Tuesday and I am quite sure he will be pushing to set a trial date again. I would like to see the files he has and correspondence he has with the opppsition lawyer first. I will put this in writing. Our lawyer has not asked us for any moneys in three years which is also questionable. He has also told us we have won and what the other side is willing to pay (not near what is missing, approximatly half). I'm quite sure (my opinion only) that the other side has all the evidence. This has cost us dearly. Your councel would be greatly appreciated. If we could call you Monday please give me a time and No. to call. Thank You Edith
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

But it sounds like you may need to see another lawyer face to face as this all sounds very questionable to say the least.