Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

It is a sticky situation. First off, my brother's lawyer

Customer Question

It is a sticky situation. First off, my brother's lawyer quit on him as my brother owes him money. My brother has no money.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ontario canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The question is. His ex's lawyer filed a motion for court to be held on Thursday Jan 5. My brother did not receive this information until Dec 19th. He has had 5 days to get everything together, get an affidavit signed and have this submitted to the court 4 1/2 hrs away by today.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He wants to know how to get a continuence for next month as he only has 2 days and he has no transportation until Friday. If he doesn't do something, his support will be lowered and he will lose everything that is left.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

I see that you're new to the site. Before we get into it, I just want to make sure that you're aware of how the site works and what you're being charged? I'm not a site employee so I like to check that new customers are clear on what's going on.