Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was on drugs, pregnant and up for days and got vindictive

Customer Question

I was on drugs, pregnant and up for days and got vindictive towards my bf whom is in jail cause my lies, the trial day is set and I do t want to commit pergury so I want to recant in a affidavit how do I go about doing this ?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Edmonton Alberta Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A female cop recorded me recanting when my bf and ended up getting raid by RCMP see because of my lies when I was not in a healthy state of mind he had a Canada wide warrant was on the news and paper
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm also married / going through separation now, I'm disabled as well I'm a hip amputee so I played the victim really good and I'm seriously sorry I lied about that day,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

When you say a female cop recorded your recanting when were you interviewed by her and how did this happen?

Are you saying you went in and tried to recant but the trial is still going ahead and want to know what to do as a witness?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!