Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am self representing. I need to go to court today to

Customer Question

I am self representing. I need to go to court today to settle an order. What could I expect to be asked? I did have a lawyer and we have had two court orders, Sept '15 and Jan '16. This was for property division and my ex has indicated in text that he is not willing to go forward with it. His lawyer has not responded to my lawyers messages to sign the order. I will need to know what I could potentially be asked and what do I need to say to convince anyone of anything. Would I be in front of a judge? The details of how this is going to transpire. Could I get a friend to stand up for me in court? Hope i've explained my situation well.
Thanks.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

So you are saying the order was made and you just want the Judge to sign it but your ex-spouse won't agree and sign off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Your computer prompted a phone conversation. A call would be fine but not right this minute.I have to get to work but I can talk while i'm driving which would be in maybe 45 minutes perhaps.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

When you are free can you please let me know if you have a copy of the endorsement. That would be what the judge wrote down when he made the order.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, am I getting an answer via text or not? I haven't gotten any answer to my concerns.

I don't think you saw my post.

After I explained that I could not speak on the phone I said:

So when I get that answer I will be able to answer your question fully.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?